Google Blogoscoped has published a summary of an apparently-leaked internal Google memo that outlines the Big G's secret plans to
breed evil radioactive mutant rats, er, take over the world, er, make a ton of money this year. To summarize the summary, this year Google planned to:
- Improve infrastructure and make engineers more productive with uber-search tools
- Build 10MW of green power toward its goal of becoming carbon-neutral
- Become the best in search (duh), which includes building the world's top AI lab, eliminating spam, and launching products with UIs that "that people love"
- Sell lots of ads, with a goal of $1 billion in new business this year
- Expand communities and content, in particular video
- Push Google Pack deployment
- "Increase the scale of innovation"
- Test a "radically improved" Google News prototype in Q4
There's lots more in Google Blogscoped's report, so if you're a Googleholic like us I don't recommend missing it.