Exactly two years ago today we popped the proverbial cork and let Lifehacker out of the bottle. Time sure flies when you're having fun, and we had no idea what a hyperlinkin' blast Lifehacker would turn out to be. In celebration of our birthday today, we've got a few gifts to give you as a way to say thanks for a great couple of years.
First things first: All Lifehacker tee-shirts are on sale today only, for $15.99 each (that's 20% off!). The blue Geek to Live shirt is no longer in print, so snag one of the limited editions left in stock while you still can. Our red Productively Lazy robot is going strong, and there's a new Men's XXL size available. Only orders placed TODAY, Lifehacker's birthday, will get the discount.
Next! I've got a few lonely copies of Lifehacker the book just crying out to be in your hands. After the jump, win yourself an autographed copy in our First Annual Lifehacker Archives Scavenger Hunt.
I've got 4 books to give away, and thousands of you I'd like to give 'em to. So this is how this is gonna work. There are 4 sets of Lifehacker trivia questions listed below. All the answers, my friend, can be found in the Lifehacker archives.
Choose one hunt and get to scouring the site archives for answers. The first reader to post all three correct answers for a single hunt in the comments below will win an autographed copy of Lifehacker the book. I've got exactly 4 books to give away, so only one book will go to a reader who answers one set of questions correctly first. So don't go trying to answer all 12. In your comment, list the hunt number and your answers.
Got it? Good. Let's play!! (Cue Jeopardy music.)
LH Scavenger Hunt #1:
- What breakfast food did one Lifehacker editor try preparing in an unconventional way and photo-documented the whole adventure on the site? Include the link to the post in question.
- Name one of Gina's favorite command line tools.
- What common household cleanser can smooth over a skippy DVD? (Include the link, please.)
LH Scavenger Hunt #2
- When zombies take over the earth, what will at least one Lifehacker headline read? (Include the link, please.)
- What's Rick's favorite music player application?
- How do you make fire with a bar of chocolate and a soda can? (Link required.)
LH Scavenger Hunt #3
- Multiple choice: which ailments has Adam suffered from at one point or another?
(C) Compulsive operating system installations
(D) All o f the above
- What did the third comment ever posted to Lifehacker say? (Link, please.)
- You're standing in a kitchen with a failed hard drive in your hand. What should you do? (Cite the post with a link.)
LH Scavenger Hunt #4
- At the end of 2006, what was fourth most-used tag of the year? (Provide link.)
- What feed reader does Gina currently use? (Link please.)
- Provide a link to a photo of the Lifehacker mascot model on lifehacker.com without the green LH on her cap.
Alrighty, get to posting your answers! Remember, the first three unique readers to leave the correct answers to each set of questions gets an autographed copy of Lifehacker the book. Get to hunting!
And thanks, from the bottom of our nerdy hearts, for a fabulous first 2 years.